Please update your browser.
Investment Accounts & Services
We charge certain account fees or other amounts in the normal course of providing services or products to you. These may include fees for certain administrative services.
Full Service Brokerage Account
Please see the Fee & Commission Schedules for Brokerage Accounts.
- Fees and charges may vary from one account to another based on a variety of factors. All such fees and charges are deducted from your linked bank account or brokerage account and are subject to change periodically.
- For product specific fees and other charges, please see the section on Brokerage Products.
Self-Directed Brokerage Account (You Invest Trade)
Please visit www.chase.com/personal/investments/you-invest/pricing for information on fees and commissions.
In addition to brokerage accounts, clients have the ability to invest in a number of advisory programs, including discretionary and non-discretionary investment advisory programs, where they can receive advice on the selection of investment managers, mutual funds, ETFs and other securities offered through our investment advisory programs. You also have the option to invest online in a J.P. Morgan-managed portfolio through a discretionary You Invest Portfolios advisory account. Please note that our National Branch team currently offers access to just one discretionary advisory program: J.P. Morgan Core Advisory Portfolio.
Discretionary Investment Advisory Account
- Account in which you authorize JPMS and/or another affiliated or unaffiliated Portfolio Manager to act as your investment advisor.
- You give JPMS and/or the Portfolio Manager the power to invest on your behalf by buying and selling securities in your account and making all investment decisions for your account.
Non-Discretionary Investment Advisory Account
- Account in which you have sole discretion as to the purchase and sale of assets.
- Your advisor and/or JPMS gives you advice about securities that you may buy and sell, but you do not give JPMS the authority to invest on your behalf.
- You are responsible for those investment decisions over the assets invested in those accounts.
Discretionary You Invest Portfolios Advisory Account
- Invest online and on the Chase Mobile® app.
- You select the model that fits you best. Portfolios range from conservative to aggressive and are constructed from J.P. Morgan ETFs2.
- Our technology tracks your portfolio daily and rebalances as needed.
- Visit www.chase.com/personal/investments/you-invest for more information.
Fees and costs associated with our full-service advisory programs are available on request or at www.chase.com/personal/investments/advisory-program.
Fees and costs associated with You Invest Portfolios can be found at www.chase.com/personal/investments/you-invest/pricing.
Some additional products and services we provide include:
We offer Individual Retirement Accounts to our clients, including:
- Traditional IRAs - a type of tax-advantaged retirement account where your contributions may be tax-deductible, and any investment gains will not be taxed while in the IRA. When you withdraw your money you will have to pay taxes on any amounts withdrawn comprised of pre-tax dollars, including investment gains and deductible contributions.
- Roth IRAs - a type of tax-advantaged retirement account where your contributions are made with after-tax dollars (if you are eligible to contribute). Investment gains will not be taxed while in the account and your withdrawals will be tax-free if they are qualified.
Fees and Costs:
Please see the Fee Schedule for Brokerage Accounts.
529 Plan (Full-service only)
An investment account that offers:
- Tax-deferred earnings growth and tax-free withdrawals when the funds are used to pay for a designated beneficiary’s qualified education expenses. Contributions may be tax-deductible in some states.
- Numerous professionally managed investment options from which to choose, including mutual funds and ETFs. You have full control over your plan’s investments and withdrawals.
Fees and Costs:
- 529 plans may charge a program management fee and/or a state administration fee (generally 0%–0.50% in aggregate), in addition to the expense ratios of the underlying mutual funds.
- Many plans charge an annual account maintenance fee (generally $20–$25 annually). Such plans often reduce or eliminate this fee for residents, clients who make automatic contributions or for accounts above a minimum balance, typically $25,000.
- 529 plan investments include A Shares and C Shares, and sales charges vary by plan. Please see the section about Brokerage Products, for more information on mutual fund share classes and sales charges.
Margin (Full- service only)
- Margin involves borrowing from JPMS in order to purchase an investment.
- Securities in your margin account are collateral for the loan to you. If the securities in your account decline in value, so does the value of the collateral supporting your loan, and, as a result, JPMS can take action, such as issue a margin call and/or sell securities or other assets in any of your accounts with us, in order to maintain the required equity in the account.
- A margin loan allows you to borrow against the value of securities you already own. JPMS will earn interest and may also earn additional compensation when extending margin. When you have a margin account with us, we are permitted to use certain securities in your account for, among other things, settling short sales and lending securities for short sales. We will generally be compensated in connection with these transactions. As a result, we have a financial incentive for you to incur margin debt to buy securities in your account.
- Your advisor is not compensated based on interest paid for your margin loans.
- Before trading in a margin account, you should carefully review the FINRA Margin Disclosure Statement, which you can view at www.finra.org/sites/default/files/InvestorDocument/p005895.pdf.
Fees and Costs:
Interest will be charged as provided below on any credit extended to you by JPMS for the purpose of purchasing, carrying or trading in any security. The annual rate of interest you are charged may fluctuate with changes in the stated base rates. The changes in rates resulting from this fluctuation will be made without prior notice to you.
- $0 to $25,000: JPMS Base Lending Rate3 + 2.5%
- $25,001 to $50,000: JPMS Base Lending Rate + 2%
- $50,001 to $100,000: JPMS Base Lending Rate + 1.5%
- $100,001 to $500,000: JPMS Base Lending Rate + 1.25%
- $500,001 and above: JPMS Base Lending Rate + 1%
- Listed Option Margin Requirement Minimum account equity for clients writing options: $25,000
- Naked Equity Options Margin Requirement (per contract): Option premium plus 30% of Underlying Market Value (UMV) less Out-of-the-Money (OTM) amount.
You are now leaving J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan’s website and/or mobile terms, privacy and security policies don’t apply to the site or app you're about to visit. Please review its terms, privacy and security policies to see how they apply to you. J.P. Morgan isn’t responsible for (and doesn’t provide) any products, services or content at this third-party site or app, except for products and services that explicitly carry the J.P. Morgan name.